Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wedding Items Repurposed

I have been able to repurpose some items from the wedding. It makes me feel a little more useful in this world.

I had pilfered my parent's house a few months before the wedding looking for things that they did not want anymore. They had a really heavy mirror that they weren't planning on using anymore so I threw that bad boy in my car and was ready to do some serious DIY. Of course, it would be too perfect it I had taken a before picture; that would have been much too sensible.

I spray painted a primer all over the mirror. I think taped off the mirror section and sprayed the frame a pretty sunny yellow. The actual mirror part just got a really good coating of chalkboard paint. I also did not take a picture of this..........

Here it is on the wedding day! I used my great grandmother's toothpick holder collection instead of table numbers, that is why there are random titles with names underneath them. I will write more about that later.


It worked perfectly and it was so heavy and huge it actually ended up being a really convenient door holder as well!

I loved this giant chalkboard so much I knew I wanted to keep it but wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. It's much too heavy to hang on the wall.

I decided to make a little sign for our house and have our guests sign the board whenever they came to visit as a little memento.


The only issue if that I keep forgetting to have people sign it when they come over! Oh well... one day it will get filled up.


I think it is cute right by our front door and it adds a nice splash of color to a pretty blank space. I figure I can change out the saying too when holidays come around.

What else would you guys use this for?  I would love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment