Monday, January 20, 2014

Paper Flowers Craft Part 2

Remember this project?


I wanted to do a follow up so everyone could see how they ended up at the wedding. It's hard to believe that was so long ago; it feels like just yesterday!

I wanted to use eleven giant paper flowers to arrange on the arch for my ceremony, the only reason for that is I had heard that odd numbers are better for decorating. And I always do as I am told. :) However only 10 actually fit on the arch; math apparently is no longer my strong suit.


Since the ceremony took place in a rose garden, I wanted to make sure that the flowers didn't upstage the natural beauty that was already all around us! I chose creamy white flowers with pops of green for the leaves. I think they ended up look like magnolia flowers.  :)


This is how I "MacGyvered" them to twist on to the arch. I picked this picture so you could see the back of the flowers and how they worked.


The wooden craft sticks mentioned above are the ones that you can find at any craft store. 


I loved the results! It definitely made the ceremony space special and unique for us. It was a relatively easy project for a big result!


If you have today off, I hope you have a wonderful day! If you don't have the day off, I hope you have an even better day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment