Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Gift As Good As Gold

My friend who I have taught with a few years ago got a placement as an Assistant Principal at a different school. We are so proud of her because there were over 100 applicants and ONE spot open. We definitely needed to do something to celebrate and that's where this golden idea came in. I can't take full credit for this gift idea because my friend Cindy also helped dream up this little beauty.  Get it, get it?? Because we are the old friends, we are the gold... Haha, it might be cheesy but we love it!

We bought the box at Target on clearance and then I just cut out some letters using my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine and modge-podged them on there.


The pictures really don't do it justice.

On the inside it is like a gold bonanza! We saw these adorable gold office supplies by Nate Berkus at Target. It was perfect! Can you just imagine the disciplinary matrixes she can staple together with that fabulous golden stapler? It really is a sight to behold.


All wrapped up with a pretty sparkly bow and ready for gifting.


So cute - I kind of want to keep it for myself but that might be rude.... right?  ;)


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! It was so much fun to make and she loved the gift!

      Delete
  2. Adorable! I'd be tempted to keep that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Erin! Have a good weekend, lady!

      Delete