Saturday, May 17, 2014

End of School Countdown Day 6 - Breakfast

Oops! A day late on my end of school countdown. Oh well, better late than never right?  Since I have to drive so far to school (about 45 minutes) I usually leave pretty early in the morning and I am not usually hungry at the crack of dawn.  I usually need something healthy, filling, and on the go. Here are my three favorite go to breakfasts from this school year.


Creamy Chocolate Avocado Smoothie from Against All Grain


I know you are thinking, ok Heather, a smoothie for breakfast? That's not really filling... Trust me, this one is! It has avocado, banana, almond butter, almond milk; it really does fill you up and keeps you satisfied for a while.  I think it is absolutely delicious and you really can't taste the avocado.


Overnight Maple Blueberry Oatmeal


Oh my gosh, I just love this. This has been my go to breakfast for so long for so many reasons: it's easy, you can make it the night before, it is so portable because you can make it in a half pint mason jar.... I really just can't say enough good things about this.  When blueberries are on sale I buy a ton of them and then flash freeze them. That way I can make this year round no matter if I have fresh blueberries or not! I just put a small handful of frozen ones in when I make it the night before and they turn out perfect the next day.


Avocado Toast


I don't really know how healthy this is, but it is darn tooting good. Just grab some bread, whatever your poison is and toast it. Put some Veganaise on it and top with some sliced avocado. Smush the avocado a little bit, put some Spike seasoning* on it, and a little squirt of lemon juice.  Sooo delicious!

*If you haven't tried Spike seasoning you should because it is pretty tasty. You can find it in most grocery stores in the dry spices section.



What are your go to early morning breakfasts? Do you have time to eat breakfast at home in the morning or do you have to take it on the go like I do?

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so yummy! I also have a 45-60 min commute...yuck! I never have time to make breakfast. I usually eat a bagel or dry cereal while en route to work. Not very glamorous! Is that shake available in the grocery stores or is it homemade?

    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's homemade! If you click the title it takes you to the recipe. So good and doesn't take too long in the mornings to make! :)

      Delete