Thursday, May 15, 2014

End of School Countdown Day 7 - Remembering Our Best Moments


I just love Graffiti Walls! I decided to put one up in the hallway and let the students "go to town" remembering back on their favorite moments throughout the year. Well, "go to town" might be a relative term, there are four magical rules that go along with our graffiti wall...


I have loved seeing what stuck out most to our students throughout the year. Of course, everyone is picking the most recent event which was field day, but some students have been reaching for the stars a little more and going back in time more than 3 weeks.

Here are some of my favorites...

This student wrote about when we mummified hot dogs in the science lab. It was totally disgusting but fascinating to see how the baking soda preserved the hot dogs much like natron preserved the mummies in Ancient Egypt.


This girl cracks me up! I am not sure why this is her favorite moment, but it just fits her personality so well. I am also not sure why her nickname is "Hobo" - just go with it and don't ask questions, I do.


Of course the teachers need to take part in the festivities. Here's mine.


Quite a few students need to still complete their square and it has been a little difficult to find the time to have them go out in the hallway to finish.  It's been a cute end of year bulletin board and a fun activity for the kids.


What would you write on your graffiti wall from this school year???

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I wish I had a large bulletin board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! I have two weeks left and plan on making our very own graffiti wall. The hot dog mummification sounds SO interesting!
    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete