Saturday, June 29, 2013

Grapfruit Fizz

I don't know why, but I have been on a cocktail kick. I always love getting fancy cocktails out and about but usually I don't make them at home. Not anymore!  I saw a recipe for this one and changed it a little, but it's based off of it.



Grapefruit Gin Fizz

2 ounces gin
1/2 to 1 ounce simple syrup* depending on how sweet you want it
Grapefruit juice
Club soda
Lots of ice

Combine the gin and simple syrup together. Add plenty of ice and splosh in some grapefruit juice. Top it off with some club soda to make it fizzy.

This is so delicious and refreshing for the hot summer time. It helped with this situation happening here...


*Simple syrup is super easy to make and I use it in a lot of different cocktails. Just dissolve equal parts of white sugar and water (I usually do 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water). Heat it up until all sugar has dissolved, cool it down, and then store it in the fridge for up to a month for a variety of uses!

No comments:

Post a Comment