Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Breakfast

Lazy weekend mornings are my favorite! I love making breakfast for my G and myself and this one was a new recipe based on one I had seen on Pinterest. This keeps your super full and is protein packed.

Oatmeal Banana Pancakes (based from Sophie's Sweeties OnSugar blog)

 Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 of a banana, mashed
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tbs. maple syrup (or one packet of sweetener)
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tbs. almond milk or milk
  • Oil spray or coconut oil
  • Various berries, banana, maple syrup, coconut, nuts, or whatever for toppings
Tip: I mash up my banana on a plate with a fork and that makes it super easy. 

Mix all ingredients up. It's going to look a little gross, but trust me, it does turn into a pancake.

Spray your pan down. I have also used coconut oil and melted it in the pan first which works just as good.

Cook on each side over medium heat for around 4 minutes. Flipping it is a little tricky because the pancake is huuuuge.

Add berries or bananas.

If you want to be really naughty you can add more maple syrup. You know you would've too, don't lie.

This a fast recipe that you could probably make even on a weekday morning. If you don't like oatmeal, you definitely won't like these. I know that sounds obvious, but the texture is very "oatmeal-ish".

Nutrition Information (without berries or additional maple syrup as toppings)
Calories: 180 
Fat:  1
Carbs: 34 
Protein: 11
Sodium: 129
Sugar: 23

1 comment: