Sunday, June 30, 2013

Chimichurri

Raise your hand if you love cilantro!  I love it, a lot of people hate it. Someone I know thinks it tastes like soap... Weird.  Anyway, if you love it, this sauce is totally for you. It's nothing new, but I never realized how many different uses it has!  All chimichurri recipes are pretty similar, but this is what I have been making.

Chimichurri



1 cup chopped Italian parsley
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 cloves minced garlic
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Giant pinch of salt



Blend it all together in a food processor and enjoy!  I would let it sit for a while to let all of the flavors combine before you use it.   It's such a beautiful vibrant green color!



I made this Indian turkey kebab dinner the other night and I not only stirred in the chimichurri into the corn, but also the brown rice. It was heaven on a plate. You have to try it!


Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I am one who loves cilantro! When I buy it at the store it always comes in a huge bunch and the only two things I use it for is pico de gallo and empanadas. I will have to try this recipe out.

    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, empanadas are so good! You will have to post a recipe for those so I can try yours! Let me know if you like the chimichurri. :) ~Heather

      Delete