Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Currently July

Linking up with Farley's July Currently!


All of mine kind of go together, but we are moving this weekend and I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. If you have read my blog, you know that my husband and I have been living with my mother in law for a few months.  I am so excited to just see my things - it's funny how attached you get to your "stuff" when it's been in storage for months.

We are moving into a significantly smaller home (about 850 square feet, yikes!).  I actually wanted to go small in hopes that it would force us to purge our junk and focus on living more simplistically yet meaningfully.   It might end up exploding in my face and meaning that we live like hoarders for a few years, but hopefully we can embrace the challenge ahead!  I've had this book in my library queue for FOREVER, but I heard that it is total inspiration for decluttering.


Has anyone read it??

Tonight I am making tostadas so we will see how they taste. I had eaten them at a friend's house before so I am hoping that I can replicate their righteous tastiness. Haha, yes you read that correctly! Righteous... ;)




3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather!

    I'm so excited that I come across your blog through the July- Currently {Linky!} I'm also a (new) teacher in PHX, AZ. I share a need for simplicity as well, so I definitely understand wanting to move into a smaller home. I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer. Stay cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather. I live in an apartment so I have learned to live with very little clutter. You just need to purge and let it go. (insert song here :) It can be quite liberating! Good luck!!
    Tammy
    Teaching With Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to move to a smaller home as well so I can purge! I have a hard time doing that because I always think.....hmmm I may use that sometime and then I never do. I just need to take boxes, throw things in it and head to Goodwill. Good luck with your move and getting rid of things. Kristi Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete