Friday, July 10, 2015

Flagstaff or Bust


A few weekends ago, George and I had a weekend getaway to Flagstaff.  It served several purposes and was exactly what we needed.  My mother passed away around 8 months ago and her birthday was on June 27th.  Needless to say, I knew I needed to get out of town and have be distracted. We also needed to desperately escape the Phoenix heat and have some quiet alone time just the two of us.

We booked a cute little vintage trailer to stay in through Airbnb and it took every bit of strength I had not to hitch that thing on the back of our car and take it with us! It was *sigh* completely adorable.  I need to get a vintage trailer stat.


The mornings were definitely my favorite. Waking up lazily taking our time with no internet, TV, or cell phone service to interrupt.


We took one day to venture to La Posada in Winslow, Arizona. I have a HUGE crush on this place. It is absolutely beautiful and, honestly, my pictures don't do it justice. If you are within a 500 mile radius of La Posada just go to it and you will thank me.  Read more about it here. :)


We ate in the Turquoise Room in the La Posada hotel and it was un-freaking-believable. I can't even talk - I am having a moment here.


Here's a few other random snap shots from the trip including the rodeo with my lovely friend Maria and spending some time downtown shopping and eating.


It was the best medicine anyone could prescribe for what we needed and I know I will never forget our lovely weekend in our little trailer.





No comments:

Post a Comment