Monday, September 3, 2012

Meet the Teacher and Currently

 Oooo, two linkies in one post! Some reason when I scanned back over that real quick I thought I typed "twinkies" {random}.
I am linking up to TBA's Open House Week and Farley's Currently! Let's Currently first, shall we?



OK, TBA time...
Monday is Meet the Teacher day so I am going to share a little something about myself and my teaching style.

This is my sixth year teaching. I have taught 2nd, 4th, 5th, and I am currently teaching 6th grade. This year I am teaching Writing and Science. I am very lucky that I only have 3 sections of each so I teach 6 total classes. I am still trying to get a hang of writing and figure out the best way to teach it. I am a Math teacher in disguise over here. I would love to return back to 4th grade and have a self contained classroom again. It's hard to do a lot of the things I want to do with rotating classes.

I feel like my teaching style differs from day to day. I feel like I am firm, but fair in my classroom management. I do like to joke around with the kids, but also have high expectations. I love to take my students in to the Science lab for hands on experiments and activities. I always am looking for new ways to teach certain concepts or look for activities that heighten levels of engagement. That's why blog stalking makes me super happy!

Link up to TBA's Open House so you can tell us all about you and your teaching style!

5 comments:

  1. ahhh i love the housewives of nj and i missed yesterdays episode.wish i had dvr =) im your newest follower...drop by =)


    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better than Target and Starbucks is icing on the cake. Glad I found your blog by way of Farley's Currently Linky. I am your newet follower!

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Target!! I have never tried Starbucks! I know I'm missing out aren't I?!?! I don't drink coffee or any kind of coffee drink, but I've heard they have great hot chocolate. Maybe I'll try some soon :)
    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I bet their hot chocolate is to die for! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete