Don't you just love the weekend?? OK, yeah, I know I know, the one of the main reasons that we all love it is because we don't have to go into school. We all know we still "work" over the weekend, come on, admit it... I went into school yesterday for a few hours to catch up. Here's what I did:
- Cleaned out my top 3 desk drawers (the bottom two are a TOTAL MESS, that's going to take a whole day in itself!). I found a fork in my desk drawer (weird), a plethora of small germy toys, and a TON of random markers that don't even work anymore. How many non-working markers does one need? Apparently 46...
- Made copies of all the bell work and homework for the week
- Finished copying all of the multiplication facts timed tests for my RtI group
- Filed away some teaching blog goodie finds
- Scanned a ton of stuff! I try to keep a classroom website where if any of my students have missing assignments they can just go and print whatever they are missing, but sometimes I get a wee bit behind. Oopsies!
OK, back to the task at hand after my random ranting. I had my RtI group make these Geometry Robots while I met with small groups. This could easily be done as a whole group activity and works as a great assessment tool. This was one of those total spur of the moment teaching ideas, so if you add a little pizazz to your version let me know what you do! I typed it up so that you could print two to a page, but you could easily slide this under your document camera if you don't want to waste paper. Click on the picture for the Google Doc.
|Not really sure why this Geometry Robot has a nice little blinged out necklace on it, but it does add a little certain something, haha!|
I hope you'll be able to use these in your classrooms. Let me know how they turn out if you do. It was a cute project. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!