1. Are you married, do you have a bf, or are you flying free as a single lady/man?
I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years.
2. Where did you grow up?
I was born in Texas, but spent most of my childhood in Charlottesville, VA.
3. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what is his/her name?
Yes, two wee little chihuahuas. Milo and Olive are their names, peeing and barking are their games.
4. What is a favorite tv show you are embarrassed to admit to watching?
Pretty much any Bravo reality show. I am such a sucker for drama that I am not immediately connected to! The Housewives are my favorite. :)
5. Are you a saver or a spender?
I'm a a total spender, but I have great intentions to be a saver... I really do... well not at Target, it all goes out the window there!
6. What is your favorite children's book?
I loved any Greek mythology stories. I was completely obsessed with them. They were like my childhood soap operas.
7. Were you the class clown, teacher's pet, or neither?
I want to say I was the teacher's pet. If I ever got in trouble, I was absolutely devastated.
8. Who is your favorite athletic team?
Hmmm, I don't really have one... I know that sounds terrible. I just don't really watch sports, like EVER.
9. Where did you go on your last REALLY fun vacation?
I think any time I go home or see family I have fun! But I have to say, I think when my sister and I went to Vegas that was probably one of my favorite recent-ish vacations.
10. Who is your favorite actor? Actress?
My favorite actor is Stanley Tucci! Don't ask me why, I have no idea, I just love the man. I don't think I have a favorite actress.
11. Tell about the last time you cried because you were happy.
A couple of months ago, my students gained 12% on their benchmarks from fall to winter and while I told them how proud I was of them, it definitely brought some tears to my eyes! We all work so hard so it's nice to see the rewards once in a while.
12. What is your favorite season?
Fall! I love pumpkin bread, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie, the leaves (oh wait, we don't have fall leaves in Phoenix), the clothes... I love everything about fall.
13. What is your biggest regret?
That I didn't go abroad to do my student teaching. That will always be something that I will always regret not doing.
14. What food do you just NOT like at all?
Ewwww, meatloaf!!!!!! Yuck! I love beef, but there is just something about a loaf of meat. Blech, it makes me shudder just thinking about it.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST FOR MY TEACHER BLOG....
15. Who was your most memorable teacher, and why?
My favorite teacher was Mrs. Burchette in 2nd grade. I remember she let me stay after school to give me extra help on how to read a clock and I will never forget that. I still remember the masking tape on the floor and her having me stand on the hours. Teachers that put in that extra time for their students are invaluable and wonderful.